The scope for this project included the engineering design and drafting to extend the existing Saracen CIL circuit to include an additional 2 x adsorption tanks (TK08 & TK09)
The design required a new platform and steelwork to support the extension of the crane structure to accommodate the lifting bay. The design also included the relocation of the existing Barren Carbon screen, new launder arrangement and interconnecting pipework including modification of the tailings transfer pipeline for tie in of TK08/09 discharge
- Engineering design of new stainless-steel absorption tanks (Ø11.8m x 12m high).
- CIL platform and gantry crane structure including support steelwork and concrete foundations.
- Relocation of the existing Barren Carbon Screen.
- New tank launders and modification of tank interconnecting pipework and tailings transfer pipeline for the tie in of new tanks.
- Design of temporary structure, pipework and launder connections to continuation of the CIL circuit during sequential construction of TK08 & TK09.
- Reinforced concrete bund to accommodate the new tanks.